Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Greg McElroy, Soon To Be Jets Starter

So I check out ESPN.com this afternoon, obviously after I already got my sporting news from Bullets Blog, and one of the headlines is, "Report: Some Jets rip Sanchez.  Sparano In."


My first question, why are only some of them ripping Sanchez?  I assumed it would be unanimous among the locker room.  But then again they are football players.  Fair or unfair, if you judge by Antonio Cromartie, they aren't the brightest.  



My second question, who are these players?  Unfortunately, the world is still begging for the answer to this question.  And by begging, I mean they're doing this:


I know I used the original clip in another post, but these captions are fantastic.

And finally, my third question, why do they want Tony Sparano?  And then, I had an epiphany.  Maybe, they'll resurrect the Wildcat, and we'll see more plays like this:

Dammit.  Youtube didn't have the video of Kerley's 41-yard pass to Mulligan out of the Wildcat in Week 17.  That would be fantastic, as I'm already sold Kerley is better than Sanchez.  I'd be willing to bet that pass alone was longer than any pass Sanchez had all year.  Kid's got an absolute gun.

On a serious note though, the Jets are a mess.  Quotes about your Quarterback saying, "He's lazy and content because he knows he's not going to be benched," tend to be a tell-tale sign that things aren't going so hot.  Whoever said this was clearly trying to sugarcoat things with the whole rhyme attempt.  I see you anonymous source, can't fool me.  The only thing I have a problem with in this situation is that all of the people in the article ripping Sanchez are doing so as unnamed sources, and nobody gets mad.  While, Greg McElroy, my boy for anyone who doesn't know, gets ripped for not dropping any names and essentially just saying the locker room's divided.  Hello?  That's what the Sanchy-Sanchinator should've been saying all along!  The fact the third string Quarterback, who will take Sanchez's job next year, I guarantee it, is the one saying that is ridiculous.  I give him credit for having the balls to say something when your "leader" doesn't.  Greg, when I'm the owner of a professional football team, business, or anything at all, I want you to run the show.  They can have the ridiculous talent's, give me the heart of McElroy.


Plus, the girl on the right is his girlfriend.  As far as I'm concerned, they can stick around:



And I also love the tweet by my favorite offensive lineman, Nick Mangold:


He is not someone you want to mess with.  That dopey stare, the saggy eyes, and that beard.  Damn, things get lost in that beard.  Check that out.  I'm jealous. 

The other headline that stood out was, "Manny: 'I'll be a role model if club takes leap.'"  Uh, what?  Same old song and dance Manny.  He is a future Hall of Famer though.  Too bad my Mets could've had him four years ago while they were making a playoff push if they would have just given up now 23 year old Fernando Martinez, whom they just cut.  Yes, I said that correctly.  They could've traded for Manny Ramirez, but instead kept a kid they wound up cutting three years later, at the age of 23.  He's still years away from his prime.  And the worst part is, they cut him so they could keep D.J. Carrasco, Robert Carson, Jeremy Hefner (I looked, no relation to Hugh, although if the Wilpons want to bring people to the stands..), Armando Rodriguez, Chris Schwinden, Josh Stinson, Josh Satin, Scott Hairston, Juan Lagares, and Cesar Puello.  If you're asking yourself, "Who the hell are these people?" good.  I am too.  And they cut their former top prospect who they could've gotten future Hall of Famer Manny Ramirez for, at the ripe old age of 23, to keep these guys.  All I can say is, thats Mets baseball.

And this is the most appropriate thing I could find, which is essentially a summation of anything you could possibly think of relating to Mets baseball:


No comments:

Post a Comment