Saturday, January 7, 2012

Music Video of the Day: Young Humma - Smang It

Every great musical artist has created a word. Beyonce had "bootylicious." So did the rest of TLC (Destiny's Child?). Lil' Wayne and the Hot Boys (Boyz?) had "bling." Jay-Z and Kanye West invented "swag." What's that? They didn't invent "swag"? Flavor Flav did? Wait why would Hova lie about inventing something related to the rap game?
I can't really thing of any other examples of note - I'm sure I missed a bunch, feel free to leave any omits in the comments below - but all that matters is that Young Humma and Flynt Flossy can be added to this great fraternity of music. They combined "smash" and "bang" to make "smang." And the song is award-worthy. Total Grammy snub, if you ask me:
Notable lyrics:

  • You say in bed that your man is a lame guy, having sex with him is just like watching paint dry
  • And when you get here, I'm not just gonna bang it, I'mma smash it too
  • This is what I like to call "smash bang fusion"
  • Smash and bang is my favorite combination
  • I like to mix it up, I like to do stuff
  • Flynt Flossy, known across the nation

No comments:

Post a Comment