Sunday, January 1, 2012

Billboard's Artists of 2011

At the end of every year, Billboard puts out a list of the top 100 musical artists of the year. I always like to go through and figure out how many I've seen live. It was a lot last year. A little less this year:
(Note: doesn't mean I saw them this year. Just that I've seen them at some point in my life)



5. Lil' Wayne
7. Nicki Minaj (she was with Ludacris and Lloyd Banks - I did not enjoy her performance)
40. Maroon 5
59. Keri Hilson (I think she performed with Lil Wayne at SPAC - I'm not really sure. It's a little hazy for me)
75. Ludacris
78. Far East Movement
88. Train (seen them twice - better than you'd think but they do get old)
98. Mike Posner (still the best show I've ever been to)

..and then when I'm done I go back through and decide which artists I want to see live at some point. This list is always a lot longer:

3. Katy Perry
Newly single and still as cute and fun as ever. The only problem is, her shows are expensive as hell.




8. Taylor Swift
9. Justin Bieber
If it weren't for the fact that like 95% of the attendees to these concerts are 11 year old girls, I'd be all over them. I know most of the words to most of TSwift's songs (not necessarily proud of that) and I'm sure Bieber is crazy good in concert. I'd love to see him rap live.


18. Kanye West
I think Kanye is the best rapper alive. I almost saw him perform in Philly on the Watch the Throne tour. But paying $70-250 for a concert is outrageous - especially when half of the show is Jay-Z. When he releases GOOD Music (next year) (this year), I'll see that tour.
And let's be honest. It was one of the best music videos of all time.

24. LMFAO
First, I want to learn how to shuffle like a pro. Then, I want to get really wasted and impress everyone with my awesome dance moves. Sexy And I Know It and Party Rock Anthem were two of the best songs of 2011 - I'm anxious to see what they have for us next year.

40. Maroon 5
I already saw them, yes. I will see them every time I have the opportunity. They killed it live. Adam Levine sounds as good in person as he does on tape - which is really rare in today's era of Drake and Lil Wayne. Exhibit A:

78. Ludacris
I already saw him, yes. But he performed for about 45 minutes (it was one of those radio station-sponsored shows with a bunch of artists) and the entire crowd knew every line of every song that he played. The arena was electric. It's really an experience. I'm nervous to see that Luda is branching out into Cognac and headphones - I hate Diddy and Hova and they embraced the businessman aspect of rap. I just hope he doesn't suck.
Oh, that reminds me - also not a bad actor. Did you guys see Fast Five?

No comments:

Post a Comment