1. Pittsburgh Steelers (1) - The long awaited return of Ben Roethlisburger resulted in a win, 257 yards, and 3 TDs. I know it was only over the Browns, but I don't think any Steelers fans could've asked for more.
2. New York Jets (3) - The Jets showed some guts winning a game they had absolutely no business winning. That game was one that a true championship caliber team finds a way to win. Mark Sanchez made an incredibly smart decision to throw the ball vertically, and a little luck doesn't hurt either.
3. Baltimore Ravens (2) - I know they lost this week, but they're 4-2 and lost in overtime to a good Patriots team. Joe Flacco played well, 27 for 35, 285 yards and 2 TDs. They lost but they're still clearly one of the best teams in the league.
4. New England Patriots (8) - The Patriots emerged as one of the clear top four teams in the league with their win over Baltimore, who many people consider the best team in the league. Bill Belichick is 8-0 off bye weeks. Despite having an inferior defense to the top 3 teams, the Patriots have Tom Brady who makes up for it.
5. Indianapolis Colts (5) - The 4-2 Colts beat the Redskins Sunday night, despite a very good effort from Washington. Peyton Manning got back to his usual results, throwing for 307 yards and 2 TDs.
6. New Orleans Saints (7) - The Saints are starting to shake off their slow start. They destroyed the Bucs as their offense finally hit stride. Drew Brees threw 3 TDs and Chris Ivory filled the shoes of Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas nicely, rushing for 158 yards.
7. New York Giants (9) - The Giants continued winning, granted they tried to choke against a resilient, yet terrible Detroit Lions. They beat who they had to beat, and improved their record to 4-2. Ahmad Bradshaw rushed for 133 yards while Brandon Jacobs ran for 2 TDs.
8. Philadelphia Eagles (NR) - The Eagles absolutely destroyed Atlanta, and Kevin Kolb was sensational. Kolb was 23 for 29, threw for 326 yards and 3 TDs. This success creates even more of a controversy with the return of Michael Vick soon.
9. Atlanta Falcons (4) - I took a shot with the Falcons last week, but they just got crushed Sunday against Philly. So far, they're just like the rest of the NFC, we have no idea who they are.
10. Miami Dolphins (NR) - The Dolphins played very well in their win against Green Bay, who I still don't think are that good. The Dolphins reinforced my opinion that the AFC East is the best division in football, despite having one of the worst teams in the league. Chad Henne was solid and didn't make the big mistake to lose the game, throwing 2 TDs and only turning it over once with an interception.
32. Buffalo Bills (2nd Week In A Row) - The Bills didn't lose this week! Unfortunately, neither did the other two teams in consideration, Carolina and San Francisco. The 49ers actually won a game, while the Panthers also had a bye. The Bills are still horrific with the Panthers close by.
Dropped from the Rankings: Kansas City Chiefs (6), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10)
Numbers in parenthesis show last week's rank.