Wednesday, October 6, 2010

MLB Division Series Predictions

Okay, I know this first game is going on, but I made these before and they aren't changed by what's going on now:



Texas 3 - Tampa Bay 2
Cliff Lee is the definition of a big game pitcher.  If Texas can steal one game pitched by someone else, and take advantage of what they get from Lee, they should win the series.  I think C.J. Wilson will do well, and I think that's who will get Texas' third win.  Look at my Twitter page, I have Texas going to the World Series.

Philadelphia 3 - Cincinnati 1
Cincinnati needs to steal at least one game in Philly to win this series, and with the first two matchups I just don't see either any Reds pitcher out-performing Roy Halladay or Roy Oswalt.  If Cincinnati wins a game, it'll be Game 3, Johnny Cueto vs. Cole Hamels, and even then Hamels is pitching great.

New York Yankees 3 - Minnesota 0
I hate going on history, but Minnesota never beats the Yankees.  The only chance they have is is Francisco Liriano out pitches C.C. Sabathia, but I'm going with my gut, and the fact that the Yankees are just the better team.  Trust me, I hope I'm wrong.

San Francisco 3 - Atlanta 1
Tim Lincecum is just unreal, along with the rest of San Francisco's staff.  I think Atlanta wins Game 3, Tim Hudson beats Jonathan Sanchez, but it won't be enough.  Even though the Giants offense is bad, their pitching makes up for it, and they're a very dangerous team built for the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment