Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bullets Blog Fantasy Baseball Draft Summary - The Blue Jaes Edition

Since fantasy basketball, Oscars, Grammys, and college basketball worked out so well for us, we decided to join a random fantasy baseball league and tear it up. Here are the auction results for the Bullets Blog Blue Jaes (see what I did there?), sorted by category and in order of how much I paid for them:


High-Priced Starting Pitchers
Justin Verlander, Detroit $32
Clayton Kershaw, LA Dodgers $26
Cliff Lee, Philadelphia $25
Tim Lincecum, San Francisco $23
Felix Hernandez, Seattle $23
Cole Hamels, Philadelphia $22
CC Sabathia, NY Yankees $20
Zack Greinke, Milwaukee $19
Dan Haren, LA Angels $18
David Price, Tampa $16
Yeah. I spent $224 of my $260 on my first ten picks, and they were all starting pitchers. I'm hoping that doesn't backfire but I think I'll get a ton of points from innings pitched/strikeouts/wins. If not, well then the Blue Jaes are shit out of luck.


Expensive Position Players
Starlin Castro, Shortstop, Chicago Cubs $16
Jeff Francouer, Outfield, Kansas City $6
Chase Headley, Third Base, San Diego $3
"Expensive" is a relative term. I didn't have a whole lot of money to play with and I blew a lot of it on Starlin because I like him and I think he's going to be one of the best shortstops in the league soon. 


The One Dollars
JP Arencibia, Catcher, Toronto
Mark Trumbo, First Base, LA Angels
Mark Ellis, Second Base, LA Dodgers
Jose Altuve, Second Base, Houston
Garrett Jones, First Base, Pittsburgh
Austin Jackson. Outfield, Detroit
Dexter Fowler, Outfield, Colorado
Alfonso Soriano, Outfield, Chicago Cubs
Carlos Quentin, Outfield, San Diego
JD Martinez, Outfield, Houston
Mike Carp, First Base, Seattle
Mark Buehrle, Starting Pitcher, Miami
Yeah. A lot of bargain guys. And by bargain I mean mostly I hope some of them turn out to be decent contributors. I want to point especially to Trumbo, Soriano, Quentin, and Buehrle. I think they're going to be worth a lot more than what I paid. 


There's your fantasy baseball team. Still working on a logo but I probably won't end up doing anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment