That's about all I can say about the US Open in terms of my fantasy team. And everyone's fantasy team. I guess Team Toph gets a pass, but when 5 out of the 6 teams combined to have 15 players +9 or worse... Not good.
Because so many players that got drafted missed the cut, we had to create four tiers of scoring. Let's start from the bottom:
The Bottom Tier - All Players Missed Cut
Just kidding. That'd be impossibly bad.
The Fourth Tier - 3 Players Missed Cut
6. Team Jay (+39)
- Luke Donald (+11)(MC)
- Hunter Mahan (+10)
- Louis Oosthuizen (+9)(MC)
- Martin Laird (+9)(MC)
The Third Tier - 2 Players Missed Cut
5. Team Alex (+42)
- Lee Westwood (+5)
- Bubba Watson (+9)(MC)
- Jason Day (+15)
- Peter Hanson (+13)(MC)
The Second Tier - 1 Player Missed Cut
4. Team Trevor (+42)
- Rory McIlroy (+10)(MC)
- Rickie Fowler (+11)
- Charl Schwartzel (+10)
- Ian Poulter (+11)
3. Team Trova (+29)
- Tiger Woods (+7)
- Padraig Harrington (+3)
- Francesco Molinari (+9)
- Geoff Ogilvy (+10)(MC)
The Top Tier - All Players Made Cut
2. Team Dave (+38)
- Phil Mickelson (+16)
- KJ Choi (+6)
- Adam Scott (+6)
- Sergio Garcia (+10)
1. Team Toph
- Justin Rose (+7)
- Martin Kaymer (+6)
- Graeme McDowell (+2)
- Matt Kuchar (+8)
And now for some fun bullets of fact:
- Nobody in the whole tournament finished below par overall.
- The lowest round (of drafted players) was Lee Westwood's Saturday 67.
- The highest round (odp) was Luke Donald's Thursday 79.
- The lowest team score for a single day was Chris' Saturday 279 (-1).
- The highest? Jay's opening day 305 (+25).
- US Open champion Webb Simpson was not drafted. But he will be next time.