Monday, November 7, 2016

Andrew MacDonald Did Not Have A Great Flyers Wives' Carnival

The Flyers Wives Fight For Lives Carnival was yesterday. It followed a tough loss to the Montreal Canadiens, but it was a nice reminder that sports maybe don't really matter as much as some other things in life. Look how happy all of these kids are:
And then, obviously, look how happy this additional child was:

The carnival exists to raise money for Flyers charities, and a lot of that money comes from the players' photo booths. Fans pay anywhere from $20-100 for the photo sessions, but it's all for charity so I guess somehow that winds up being a fair price.

Obviously, some players' booths are more popular than others. Take that young pirate, for example:
There are about half a dozen guys that you could argue would top a power rankings list for most desired photo. But there's really only one that would be at the bottom of anyone's list.
First of all, shame on those staff members for pointing that out to Joe. Those kids (I'm assuming kids because no adults who are employed should be that immature) should all be fired first thing this morning.

I dislike A-Mac as a $5 million per year hockey player as much as anyone, but to embarrass him like that on a day like the carnival is completely inexcusable. And now, here I am defending Andrew MacDonald on the internet.

I wouldn't have expected myself to be writing anything pro-MacDonald this season, but really the thing that pushed me over the edge was the photo that he took with Joe.
My man is actually smiling. He's legitimately happy that even just one person came to his photo booth. It makes me think that he was dreading this carnival for weeks, just thinking about how horrible it would be if he went an entire half hour without having a single fan come through. He could have pouted, or looked sad, or just left his booth after twenty minutes of radio silence.

But he took the picture, he actually smiled, and now I'm going to have a hard time tweeting things like "Fire Andrew MacDonald Into The Sun" for the rest of the year. So, overall, I'd say it was a productive Flyers Wives Carnival.

No comments:

Post a Comment